Welcome to libnmap’s documentation!¶
libnmap is a python toolkit for manipulating nmap. It currently offers the following modules:
- process: enables you to launch nmap scans
- parse: enables you to parse nmap reports or scan results (only XML so far) from a file, a string,...
- report: enables you to manipulate a parsed scan result and de/serialize scan results in a json format
- diff: enables you to see what changed between two scans
- objects: contains basic nmap objects like NmapHost and NmapService. It is to note that each object can be “diff()ed” with another similar object.
- report: contains NmapReport class definition
- host: contains NmapHost class definition
- service: contains NmapService class definition
- os: contains NmapOSFingerprint class definition and some other classes like NmapOSMatch, NmapOSClass,...
- cpe: contains CPE class defdinition
- plugins: enables you to support datastores for your scan results directly in the “NmapReport” object from report module
- mongodb: only plugin implemented so far, ultra basic, for POC purpose only
- sqlalchemy: Allow to store/retreive NmapReport to sqlite/mysql/... all engine supported by sqlalchemy
- rabbitMQ : todo
- couchdb: todo
- elastic search: todo
- csv: todo
The full source code is available on GitHub. Please, do not hesitate to fork it and issue pull requests.
The different modules are documented below: